Dear Valued Resident,
To fulfill our mission of social responsibility, as well as to prioritize the health and wellbeing of our residents, guests, and team members, we want to share important information about our efforts to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). We are closely monitoring statements from both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) regarding COVID-19, and continue following guidelines from these organizations and other local and state government agencies.
Commitment to Cleanliness
Standards for hygiene and cleanliness are of the upmost importance at Sun, and we have taken additional steps to help further ensure the safety of our residents, guests, and team members. Our leadership team is continuously monitoring and implementing the latest guidelines on cleaning and prevention protocols with frequent communications sent out to all locations within our portfolio.
Health & Safety Protocols
We continue to implement a number of practices to support our commitment based upon guidelines posted from healthcare authorities and government agencies:
- Real-time monitoring of information related to COVID-19
- Ongoing training for team members
- Posting informational literature regarding recommended handwashing procedures in restrooms, breakrooms, offices, and common areas to increase awareness of these everyday preventive measures
- Defined cycles and procedures for frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch areas
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols for vacation rentals, cottages, and cabins
- Centralized procurement and distribution of EPA-registered disinfectant products to all communities and resorts
- Adjustment of team schedules and working arrangements, where necessary, to support social distancing practices of maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet from others
Ongoing Community Operations
In these unprecedented times, we feel it is prudent to make the difficult decision to temporarily reduce access to certain areas within our communities and resorts while encouraging social distancing protocols. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and patience. The following measures are being taken effective immediately through April 30th:
- Community and resort offices currently remain open with reduced business hours
- Sun-sponsored events will be temporarily discontinued at all of our communities and resorts
- Tickets purchased for Sun events scheduled through April 30 will be refunded
- Fitness centers, club rooms/banquet facilities, arcades, and indoor club/activity rooms throughout our communities and resorts will temporarily close
- Reduced seating by 50% in common areas remaining open during this time such as pools, restaurants, and snack areas
- Outdoor amenities will remain available; however, safe social distancing practices of 6 feet or more are strongly encouraged
Steps You can Take to Help
- Enroll in electronic payments and update your contact information through our Customer Portal at www.SunEasyPay.com so we can continue to provide updates as this situation evolves
We understand this is a difficult situation for all. We appreciate your help in contributing to our collective wellbeing.